Monday, November 7, 2011

Surviving your Manic Monday


EVERYONE hates Mondays. You see it all over your Facebook and Twitter where your friends are posting about their woes and saying stuff like "It's Monday again. Eww" or "I hate Mondays" or "I'm sick and it's Monday." It's a vicious cycle. It happens every week and, yet, some how, some way MILLIONS of us make it through the day. (Hey. That rhymed ^.^)

I'm not sure how you do it. Maybe you just lie low and wait for the time to pass or maybe you busy with self with *gulp* work and pray the day speeds by. Or maybe, you hold on to the thoughts of Monday Night Football and think of nothing else until it arrives. Too bad that only works during football season :(

The way I do it is just a tiniest bit different. I have certain things in my life that help me get through even the shittiest of Mondays. And, let me tell you, I've had some SHITTY Mondays. And it's not even the fact that it IS Monday, it's just the simple fact that it happens to be the day when these crazy events have occurred. But those are stories for another time...and another day.

The #1 thing that I have to get me through my Monday is French Vanilla creamer for my coffee. No matter WHAT nasty flavor it is, it always tastes better with this. See, people? Sometimes it's the LITTLE things we should enjoy the most.

The #2 thing to get me through my Monday is Blogger. I have designated every Monday as Reader's Choice so I listen to your ideas and I pick the best one to blog about. Or if one choice gets multiple votes, I blog about that. So I encourage you to jump start your brain and think of ideas to help me :) You're thinking and I'm giving you something to read. It's a win/win.

The #3 thing to get through my Monday is ice cream. It doesn't even matter what flavor it is (as long as it's not mint anything). A nice big bowl or pint of ice cream on the couch under my blankie in the winter time is my FAVE thing to do on any day really but on Mondays, it's almost like therapy. It's kinda like sex only you're not sweaty and you ALWAYS have an orgasm :P

And, last but NEVER least, the #4 thing that gets me through my Monday is hugs :) It can be a hug from my babies or my Monkey Man or even a virtual hug from my besties, I ALWAYS need a hug on a Monday. EVERYONE does. Because it's the worst day of the week. It's the beginning of a long and sometimes torturous week where we run our errands, work all day and night, clean our houses, do our laundry, feed our kids, mail our letters, and try to keep our heads above water all while pretending we're not about to snap if someone asks us ONE MORE TIME if we have a case of the Mondays!!!!! AHHHHHH!!

3 comments:

  1. You have a way of making me giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, Scar! Those are great treats for getting through Mondays! the ice cream and blankie sound heavenly as well! I treated myself to some Chinese take-away for dinner, but what usually cheers me up is when you get up and get on Facebook! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute blog! Am just leaving some cyber hugs here on this page (lots of them) to get you through the next several Mondays! ((((((hugs))))))

    ReplyDelete