Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Some of you might not like what I have to say....

But it HAS to be said. As some of you know, earlier this year I passed the trials and became one of the million beta testers for Pottermore, JK Rowling's new interactive website. We talked about the Sorting ceremony and we dreaded the outcome. What if we didn't get the House we thought we were in? What if we didn't get the House we KNOW we belong to? Because we sorted ourselves and WHO knows better than US what House we belong in?
Well, Pottermore. According to Queen Rowling herself, SHE made the sorting process the unbelievably scary and nauseating process that it is. SHE developed the questions. SHE is, therefore, the Sorting Hat as this is the closest thing to an actual Hogwarts sorting that there ever will be.

Well, I'm here today to say that I AM OFFICIALLY RENOUNCING MY INDUCTION INTO SLYTHERIN HOUSE.

I know it's hard to believe but, if you know me, you know that I am a Gryffindor in the true sense of the word. I believe that I possess each and EVERY quality of a true Gryffindor and I have always believed this to be true. And I REFUSE to believe that turning left or right is going to determine whether my ambition exceedes that of my bravery. And I REFUSE to believe that by being sorted on a certain day determines whether I'm in Slytherin or Hufflepuff and that Gryffindor was never an option. I believe this was set up to ensure that all of the Houses were even and that, depending on what day you were sorted, you were either going to be Slytherin/Hufflepuff or Gryffindor/Ravenclaw. On the same day that I was sorted into Slytherin, 5 or 6 of my friends were ALSO sorted into Slytherin or Hufflepuff. Coincidence? I think not.

As much fun as it's been to do naughty things in the name of Salazar Slytherin and fail Potions to piss off Snape that a Slytherin could be this inept at the subject, I am ready to go back to the loving arms of my fellow Gryffys and snuggle next to the fire in the Common Room with my Won Won.

I AM GRYFFINDOR FORVER!!

4 comments:

  1. Silly Scar. Of course I still love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salazar Slytherin will be sad to lose such a warrior like yourself, I'm glad you stood up for yourself to me that makes you a gryffindor hands down. Good Luck in that common room and save a seat for me maybe one day I'll make it there.

    ReplyDelete